European Studies Alliance at the University of Wisconsin- Madison
The European Studies Alliance houses international Centers created through competitive grants. Each Center pursues its own range of intellectual and programmatic activities. The ESA provides a common profile for European Studies at UW-Madison by coordinating the classroom, research, and public affairs undertakings that all three Centers pursue in the same area.
- See pictures and read about the "Xenophobia and Extremism through Global and Local Perspectives: A Workshop for Grades 7-9" given on October 23, 2015, here.
- New Book by CGES Director Pamela Potter! "Art of Suppression: Confronting the Nazi Past in Histories of the Visual and Performing Arts." For more information, click here.
- Wisconsin Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence Press Release
- Read CGES Associate Professor and Trice Faculty Scholar Department of Political Science & Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs Mark Copelovitch's piece about the Greek crisis for the Monkey Cage here.
- 2015-2016 Lecture Series on 25th Anniversary of German Reunification: 4/2/16 Eli Rubin, April Eisman, Alice Weinreb, Ben Robinson, Sonja Klocke, and Marc Silberman. Click here for details.
- CGES Director Pamela Potter introducing Consul General Herbert Quelle.
- David Barclay, Marc Silberman, Herbert Quelle, Jolanda Vanderwal Taylor, and Ulrich Rosenhagen.
- Michaela Kreyenfeld giving her lecture entitled "25 Years after the fall of the Berlin Wall: Did East Germans 'adapt' to West German family behavior?"