European Studies Alliance at the University of Wisconsin- Madison
The European Studies Alliance houses international Centers created through competitive grants. Each Center pursues its own range of intellectual and programmatic activities. The ESA provides a common profile for European Studies at UW-Madison by coordinating the classroom, research, and public affairs undertakings that all four Centers pursue in the same area.
- Read CGES Associate Professor and Trice Faculty Scholar Department of Political Science & Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs Mark Copelovitch's piece about the Greek crisis for the Monkey Cage here.
- 2015-2016 Lecture Series on 25th Anniversary on the Fall of the Berlin Wall: 9/22/15 Michaela Kreyenfeld; 10/22/15 David Barclay; 11/12/15 Stephen Szabo: 4/2/16 Eli Rubin, April Eisman, Alice Weinreb, Ben Robinson, Sonja Klocke, and Marc Silberman. Click here for details.
- Steve Paulson of “To the Best of our Knowledge” interviewed Professor Adam Tooze of Columbia University about the possibility of Greece leaving the European Union and the future of Europe. To listen, click here.
- CGES receives DAAD funding, 2015-2016. Press Release.
- The official "Diplomatic Legacy of World War I: A Symposium" program is now available here. The symposium's keynote speaker, Dr. Josef Joffe, gave his speech on April 9th while the rest of the symposium followed on April 10th.
Dr. Josef Joffe being introduced by Prof. Nils Ringe UW-Madison.
Professor Richard Fogarty, SUNY Albany.
Professor Uli Schamiloglu UW-Madison, Ambassador Jean-Rene Gehan (France, retired) listening to panelist M. Hakan Yavuz University of Utah.
Ambassador Jean-Rene Gehan (France, retired), Professor Giuliana Chamedes UW-Madison, Professor David McDonald UW-Madison, Professor M. Hakan Yavuz University of Utah, Professor Erez Manela Harvard.
- "The Life of the Mind: Literature, Aesthetics, and the 'sciences de l'homme,' 1700-1900 Interdisciplinary and International Symposium" will take place from April 16-April 18th at the Pyle Center. To find out more, click here.