European Studies Alliance at the University of Wisconsin- Madison
The European Studies Alliance houses four international Centers created through competitive grants. Each Center pursues its own range of intellectual and programmatic activities. The ESA provides a common profile for European Studies at UW-Madison by coordinating the classroom, research, and public affairs undertakings that all four Centers pursue in the same area.
- Coming up this month is the 47th Annual Wisconsin Workshop: "Measuring the World: Formation, Transformation, and Transmission of the 'National' and the 'Universal' from the Eighteenth Century to the Present." More information found here.
- This November an exciting conference, "The Anthropocene, Cabinet of Curiosities Slam," will be taking place at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery. For more information and weekly updates, please visit the website.
- A World War I Exhibit, "1914: Then Came Armageddon," is on display at the Memorial Library Department of Special Collections through December 30th (Room 976 Memorial Library, 728 State St.). For more information, please visit the website.
- Coming up in April 2015 is the conference "Diplomatic Legacy of World War I." More information coming soon.
- Check out the latest scholarship on Gender in the European Union! Videos now available of the Keynote Address and Panel Sessions from the Gender and Generations Conference hosted in March of 2014.
To view photos, click here.
For a detailed program, click here.
For biographies of the participants, click here.